Nucleareurope speaks at 16th edition of ENEF
On 7 November 2023, nucleareurope Director General Yves Desbazeille participated in the 16th edition of the European Nuclear Energy Forum (ENEF) which was held in Bratislava, Slovakia. During his intervention, Yves drew attention to some of the key areas which the European nuclear needs to be focusing on, including financing, ensuring a skilled workforce and a strong supply chain. At the same time, he made clear that policymakers also have a role to play by making sure that nuclear is included and recognised in all long-term energy policies at European level in order to support Europe’s competitiveness.
During the day, Miroslav Lopour (Senior Manager, Deloitte) also presented some of the key conclusions of the nuclear ecosystems study which they are undertaking for the European Commission. These can be summarised as follows
- Clear political support for nuclear power for Member States open to nuclear.
- Inclusion of nuclear in public funding schemes in line with technology neutral approach.
- A well-defined Long-Term Operation (LTO) programme.
- An accelerated New Build programme.
- Standardisation to enable simpler and faster construction.
- Cooperation amongst all stakeholders to attract new talents.
- Better project management to ensure projects are delivered on-time and within budget.
- Prioritisation of knowledge management and sharing.